Friday, January 2, 2009

You Say You Want a Resolution...

Dear 2009,

Please be as amazing a year as 2008 was.

Please let me keep my close friends closer, and collect a few new ones along the way.

Please let me find a way to co-exist with my Dark Passenger. I can't stress how vitally important this one is. I don't really like to talk about my Dark Passenger with anyone, but I need this. I really need this.

Please let me go on more amazing adventures and excursions.

Please let him be as good for me as I believe he could be, and please let me not be afraid of it. I know the fact that he already knows my Dark Passenger (though he hasn't truly met her) and doesn't seem to be afraid of her is a Very Good Sign, but I'm still scared. Please let me find a way not to be.

Please let me be more open about my Dark Passenger with others who have one as well.

Please let me find a way to be fearless and selective at the same time.

Please let me find a way to repair friendships that have been damaged because of my own fuck-ups, especially with Rachel.

Please let me find a way to be Calm, Centered, and Focused.

Please let him be happy. I want nothing more than for him to be happy, even if I'm going to be playing a less active roll in his life than I would like. He is the very definition of a True Friend.

Please let me find the strength and courage to do what I need to do and get done what needs to get done.

Please let the Giants continue to have a good season (and next season as well), and to NOT make stupid draft choices. SAY NO TO TIM TEBOW. I know he isn't entering the draft this year and I don't care how good a quarterback he is, I don't want a fucking Gator Graduate throwing to my receivers.

Last year was a good year. Let's do that again, except that one thing. Shall we?

With Cautious Optimism,

-Jennifer

No comments: