Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Heterosexual with Issues

According to Ted Haggard's recent interview with the LA Times, he is a "Heterosexual with Issues". Well, Ted, that makes two of us.

We're taught by our parents, by our friends, by the media, in schools, and by the church, that boys like girls, girls like boys, and a few girls like girls, a few boys like boys. We see evidence of heterosexuality and homosexuality, but very little evidence of bisexuality. We are told, subliminally and overtly, that we can't have it both ways, we have to choose. I think that's bullshit. I think they're envious.

I love men. I love all the things about men that every straight woman and gay man on the planet does. I love that most of the ones I seem to surround myself with tend to be laid back, smart, and play video games. I love the sex. I love the sex. I was even engaged to one, once.

But I've been attracted to women all my life, too. I love the strength and resilience of women. It's admirable. It's well-earned. I find them just as beautiful, sexy, and alluring as every straight guy and lesbian on the planet.

So where does that leave me?

I'm not a "heterosexual with issues". I'm a fucking bisexual. Always have been, always will be.

And so are you, Mr. Haggard.

No comments: